Thursday, July 06, 2006

Computer Parts and Miscellaneous Items HERE!

The finish line is actually in sight. I've ordered what I believe to be the last pieces to my arcade cabinet besides the artwork for the tabletop.

Computer Parts (from www.newegg.com):

Power Supply:
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply -Retail
Item #: N82E16817103937



The power supply also came with a ton of wires to power all of the fans, the harddrive (with a SATA connection) as well as the motherboard. I will probably also use one of the wires for some lighting effects behind the plexiglass above the player 1 and player 2 control panels and to light the coin slots on the coin door. Here's a shot of all the wires that came with it:

RAM (I ordered 2 of these for 1GB total RAM):
CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model VS512MB400 - Retail
Item #: N82E16820145026



Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Item #: N82E16822135106



This finishes off the computer!

Internal Wiring / Connectors (from www.mouser.com):

For some of the internal wiring I decided to order some Molex connectors. These will allow me to easily disconnect the control panels instead of having to unscrew every wire from the iPac.

I ordered 10 plugs (female) and 10 receptacles (male) with room for 4 wires (in-line) and 10 plugs (female) and 10 receptacles (male) with room for 6 wires (matrix). The size is .062" which is good for 18-24 gauge wire. I also ordered 100 pins and 100 sockets to use in the plugs and receptacles. I hope everything works OK. If anyone is interested, this is where I got everything from: http://www.mouser.com/catalog/626/1079.pdf

This weekend I am going to install everything and configure the computer, including the monitor. I am going to try my hardest to get everything completed so the arcade is fully playable. I will install the Molex connectors next week (they probably won't arrive until Monday) but that should be easy enough to do after the fact.

No comments: