Wednesday, June 28, 2006

(Some) Computer Parts Are Here!!!

Ok, I know this isn't a big deal but for me this has been the part of the project I've been agonizing over. I have never built a computer from scratch but I'm determined to learn. Anyway, the motherboard and processor arrived the other day and I took a few pictures to share. Here are the specs (I don't know what any of it means):

ECS 761GX-M754 (3.0C) w/XPM 3100+ AMD Athlon XP Mobile 3100+ Socket 754 SiS 761 GX Micro ATX Motherboard/CPU Set

The outside and inside of the box:



The contents of the box:



Super close-up of the motherboard and processor:



I still need to buy RAM (1GB), a hard drive and a power supply. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. The goal of the machine is to be able to play most games in MAME as well as some NES and SNES games. I will not be playing any modern computer games or using this as a jukebox or anything - just the games.

Stay tuned for more progress!

No comments: