Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Another Update

As previously mentioned, I started updating the computer with the newest version of MaLa and a fully compiled version of MAME .119u3. There's a problem with Galaga so it looks like I have to roll it back a version to MAME .119u2. Not a huge deal but it's going to be a pain because compiling takes about 45 minutes and there's no way around it.

What I'm more concerned with is the fact that after reinstalling everything, my monitor refused to output anything in the proper resolution. Every game I tried loading was completely pixelated and unplayable. I'm not sure how to fix this yet but I'm 99% sure it is a software issue either with MAME or MaLa and not a problem with the monitor itself because Windows XP and my game list (with the "snaps") displays perfectly.

I guess it's time to troubleshoot.

No comments: