Monday, December 12, 2005

Hinge for 3rd Control Panel - Installed!!!

This is major news. As you can see by the awesome picture, I was able to attach the metal piano hinge to the third control panel. I used screws and a screwdriver for this tricky installation and it took approximately 5 minutes to install. My skills amaze even myself sometimes...

The hinge is there to provide access to underneath the control panel for maintenance or when I wire the buttons and trackball up for the first time. I left it gold colored (instead of spray painting it black to match) because it will be completely hidden once the cabinet is up and running.

I am glad to get this crucial step in the construction process out of the way - I had been dreading it for months due to its unbelievable complexity. Whew!

No comments: